When it comes to marketing your home, one of the biggest things all real estate professionals agree on is the importance of curb appeal. While things such as updated kitchen appliances and hardwood floors may provide you with a great return on your investment, it’s important to remember that not all renovations need to be done indoors.
In all actuality, homeowners can recoup a great deal of money by focusing some of their remodeling efforts on outer focal points.
While putting a lot of effort into increasing curb appeal might not always occur to every seller, here is a list of the top five ways to get the biggest exterior bang-for-your-buck (Return on Investment percentages are according to a 2014 Cost v. Value report – www.costvsvalue.com):
1. INSTALL A STEEL ENTRYWAY DOOR—It’s true that classic wood doors may look appealing; however, they tend to absorb moisture which can bow, warp, or twist the wood and cause the paint bubble and peel. To combat this, steel doors are not only low maintenance, but are also energy efficient and handle adverse weather conditions with ease. 141.8% ROI
2. GARAGE DOOR REPLACEMENT—Garage doors aren’t often something many of us place whole lot of thought into, but there’s truth to the idea that they can really help secure a buyer for your house. In essence, they not only greatly improve your home’s appearance, but they tend to boost property values due to increased longevity and function. 94% ROI
3. INSTALL FIBER CEMENT SIDING—When looking to revitalize your home’s outward appearance, it only seems logical for siding replacement to make a difference; however, instead of simply opting for updated vinyl, homeowners can actually see a great return with the installation of fiber cement siding. In short, this type of siding is not only versatile, but long-lasting and economical as well. 90.7% ROI
4. FIBERGLASS ENTRY DOOR REPLACEMENT—Although steel doors help homeowners recoup a lot of money, fiberglass entry doors run a close second. While similar in durability and energy efficiency, fiberglass won’t dent the way a steel door will and it actually has five-times the insulation value of wood. 99% ROI
5. WOOD WINDOW REPLACEMENT—When it comes to energy efficiency, functioning windows are obviously important, but if we also take curb appeal into account, wood windows represent a fantastic opportunity to choose from an array of styles, colors, and finishes. Additionally, while it may be tempting to opt for comparable PVC-U windows, wood is not only more attractive, but beats out vinyl for return on investment by 12%. 84.4% ROI
The Dinsmore Team has the experience, tools and real-time market knowledge to assist you. I look forward to serving you and your family.
Marie Dinsmore, Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
The Dinsmore Real Estate Team | www.dinsmoreteam.com
Marie@DinsmoreTeam.com | 770-712-7789