Despite COVID 19 the market is still doing well. The best thing about the real estate market right now, are those who are buying and selling property are serious. What is getting listed, is selling fast.
So, why do you need to enlist the help of a good realtor to sell your property and not do it yourself?
- Overpricing. Experience shows that when the home is overpriced it usually doesn’t sell quickly; if at all. A good realtor can get you good comparisons on what has sold nearby and advise if you need to have your property appraised prior to listing.
- Selling in “As-Is Condition. In today’s competitive market, you need to take the effort to make your house sparkle like the day you bought it. If there are reasons that you have to sell ‘As-Is,’ then a good realtor will have alternative solutions, i.e. the I-Rep program, know of investors, etc. looking for property in the area.
- Drive-By Appeal. First impressions decide whether the buyer even stops to come in. Depending on your location, you may not be able to depend on drive-by traffic to even get potential buyers interested except for perhaps your immediate neighbors. And in today’s market people want a preview of the inside, so you need great photos for a virtual tour. Your realtor will get your property listed on all the real estate listing sites so that all serious buyers and other realtors have access to the information on your property and can schedule showings.
- Dark Home Syndrome. The brighter and cleaner a home is, the better it shows. A good realtor will ensure you have plenty of notice prior to bringing potential buyers to see your property to give you sufficient time to tidy up.
- Overvaluing Your Home. Beware of spending too much on your property so that you overvalue its worth in the neighborhood. Having a conversation with a good realtor can give you good sound advice on where to make improvements and what will help your home sell. It is advisable to have that conversation as soon as you’re thinking about listing your property.
- Financing. Be willing to be flexible with closing costs. This is all part of why you hire a realtor.
- Do It Yourself Syndrome. Unless you know the laws about Seller’s Disclosure and termite reports you could cost yourself thousands of dollars by doing it yourself.
- Stay Out Of The Way. If you are underfoot when showing, a buyer does not feel free to really look at your home. Put away and lock up any valuables before showing. Yes, you love your home and you may think you can point out all it’s best features, leave this to your realtor. Realtors screen potential buyers before bringing them into your home so as to only bring those who are serious.
- Attitude. A positive attitude is best; remember your taste is not everybody else’s. Another reason you want to leave the showing of your property to your realtor. They can also advise you on how to best prepare your home for showing.
- Seller’s Remorse. Respond to offers quickly, the first might be the best offer. Your realtor will advise you on pricing your home correctly. In today’s market, the offers come in quickly and are on target for what the property’s value truly is. By not responding and being able to negotiate may delay the sell and getting the best price.
Have questions? Give us a call. We can help you through the maze of selling or buying in today’s market.
Marie B. Dinsmore
RE/MAX Around Atlanta