Whether you’ve sold a home in the past or are considering doing so in the near future, chances are good that the thought, “Come on, how hard can it be to sell on my own?” has crossed your mind—especially if you live in an area that has a high buyer demand. Even so, while it may be tempting to play seller and real estate agent, it’s possible that you may have overlooked a few real estate challenges.
At the end of the day, real estate agents have a significant job, so it’s important to understand why agents prove to be indispensable during the selling process.
- Exposure. A great agent is an expert at marketing, which means they will have the experience and know-how to help you not only increase your home’s exposure, but to market it in a way that will appeal to a wide audience.
- Outside Perspective. Sure, you may love your home and appreciate its quirks; however, a good real estate agent will bring a sense of objectivity into the equation. While you may overlook your home’s imperfections, it’s important to remember that most potential buyers will not, so heeding the advice of a solid agent can make all the difference.
- They Handle All Showings. Whether you’ve already moved out or you’re simply dealing with a chaotic work schedule, an agent will be able to show your home to prospective buyers and answer their questions as needed.
- Market Awareness. Plain and simple, a great agent will not only be familiar with the area, but have access to an abundance of current market data regarding pending and recent sales. While it’s completely reasonable to expect top dollar for your home, most agents understand that accurately priced homes tend to sell quicker than those that are priced too high.
- Negotiation Skills. While some people truly enjoy negotiating, many people find it to be a stressful experience. Therefore, sellers with a real estate agent will find themselves in a great position because their agent can help secure a contract that will get them the most money.
- Legal Knowledge. It should come as no surprise that real estate transactions involve a long list of state and federal legal requirements, which can catch up with a seller if they decide to market their home without a reputable real estate agent. To avoid legal trouble, an agent will help prepare the necessary disclosure documents and make sure that all of the seller’s paperwork is filed correctly.
If you’re considering selling your home, I offer free no-obligation consultations and would love to help you get the ball rolling! Please contact me for more information.
Marie Dinsmore | The Dinsmore Team | www.DinsmoreTeam.com | 770-712-7789