I found this article posted on the ActiveRain Real Estate Network site that I thought I would share. This outlines some of the important things that the home owner needs to consider when selling.
Marie Dinsmore, Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
The Dinsmore Real Estate Team | www.dinsmoreteam.com
Marie@DinsmoreTeam.com | 770-712-7789
A recent survey of real estate agents by ActiveRain has confirmed that there are certain things a seller should avoid if they are trying to get their home sold for the best price in the least amount of time.
The results of this survey are no surprise to real estate agents, but sellers need to understand that eliminating as many hurdles as possible to the sale of your home will help you achieve your desired outcome.
Here are the top mistakes real estate agents commonly see made by homeowners looking to sell their house.
1. Overpriced Home
2. Showing Availability – It’s Difficult to Set a Showing
3. Cluttered Space – Unwilling to Depersonalize or Remove Clutter
4. Unpleasant Odors in the House
5. Seller Unwilling to Make Repairs Prior to Listing
6. Sellers Unwilling to Negotiate with Buyers
7. Bad Photos in the MLS
8. The Home is Just Plain Messy
9. Sellers Who Like to Play Tour Guide During Showings
10. Picking the Wrong Agent
– See more at: http://activerain.com/seller-mistakes#sthash.KkUyAuG9.dpuf