If you’re in the market to sell your home, you obviously want to be able to sell your home quickly and at the highest value you can possibly receive.
Everyone has an inherent knowledge of certain factors, but I cannot emphasize enough the impact that curb appeal, cleanliness, and how your home is staged matter to attaining your goals.
Here are some interesting facts about home staging from About.com:
- Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving.
- Over 90% of buyers look at homes they’ve found on the Internet. It is critical that your home makes a strong first impression online. Staging will help you do just that.
- Sellers who spent $500 on staging recovered over 343% of the cost when they sold their home. (Homegain.com)
- In controlled tests selling identical homes, professionally staged vs. those not staged, the non-staged houses sold in 102 days, while the staged houses sold in 45 days. (Real Estate Staging Association)
- It is estimated that only 10% of home buyers can visualize the potential of a home. That means 90% are not going to be able to look past imperfections including dirt and clutter
- According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), the average staging investment is between 1 and 3% of the home’s asking price, which generates a return of 8 to 10%. That’s a pretty good investment.
- Staged homes spent 83% less time on the market than non-staged homes. (HomeGain.com)
There is an art to staging, and I am happy to announce the newest members of The Dinsmore Team, Karen Hartz and Kelly Tam – Karen & Kelly Home Staging and Redesign. Karen & Kelly possess over seven years of experience in staging homes for sale, and are an effective and affordable option for sellers (as well as realtors).
Property stagers are not interior designers. While some property stagers may refurnish an entire home, Karen & Kelly Home Staging and Redesign work with your existing furnishings to ensure proper placement, or removal, in order to show your home in its best light (value) and help prospective buyers see the home as “move-in” ready (selling faster).
Karen & Kelly can be available for a 1-hour consultation to go through your home, assess your home’s inventory and make necessary suggestions, or assist you through the entire process. They also have partnerships with a variety of exceptional and trusted service providers if you need assistance with painting, construction, handy-man services, etc., as well a full stock of accessories to make your home stand out from the crowd.
If you are selling your home, I hope that you will seriously consider consulting with Karen & Kelly Home Staging and Redesign before listing. You can reach Karen Hartz at 404-432-8760404-432-8760, and Kelly Tam at 404-307-6603404-307-6603.
Marie Dinsmore, Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
The Dinsmore Real Estate Team | www.dinsmoreteam.com
Marie@DinsmoreTeam.com | 770-712-7789770-712-7789