Thinking that the holidays are not a great time to sell your home? Think again. Home buyers need to purchase homes all year-long, and there are some real advantages to placing your home on the market during the holiday season. Here are the top ten benefits:
- People who look at properties during the holidays are serious buyers and are more ready to make a decision.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays; meaning less competition and more for you..
- House “shows better” when decorated for the holidays with the wonderful light and festive colors associated with the season.
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feeling they receive when viewing your house.
- Buyers have more time to look for a house during the holidays because they have designated time off from work to purchase a home.
- Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
- January is traditionally for transfers. Transferees can’t wait until the spring to buy. Your house must be on the market to capture these buyers.
- You may restrict showings during your own personal family events and still take advantage of your spruced up and decorated “show ready” property.
- You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if you so desire and if agreeable to the other party.
- By selling now you have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when more properties are on the market at lower prices. Sell high – buy low.
Marie Dinsmore, Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
The Dinsmore Real Estate Team | www.dinsmoreteam.com