Even in the best situations, closing on a new home takes time. That’s why I like to work closely with my clients throughout the buying process and inform them of ways to speed up the time to closing, which can sometimes take close to 60 days.
A recent post by REALTOR Mag highlights for agents some ways to advise clients on a quicker close. To summarize:
- Get pre-qualified and pre-approved for your anticipated loan
- Narrow your options; target your perfect home
- Homes that have stayed on the market a while may be ripe for quicker sale
- Avoid the low-ball offer
- Waive contingencies (within reason)
- Get the paperwork in order
If I can help you navigate this process, please let me know. My joy comes in helping the right home and right owner find each other.