Atlanta Agent Magazine recently ran a feature about alarming trends in home-buying. In essence, what decisions may you regret? Here’s the recap of the report, taken in part from ValueInsured’s Modern Homebuyer Survey.
- No home inspection: I can’t agree with this more. It’s an investment, yes, but trust your realtor. I have several inspectors I trust and can help you navigate the report.
- Offer sight unseen: If it looks too good to be true online, it probably is.
- Co-buying with strangers: It’s an interesting trend among younger buyers, especially in other countries. While it is unfortunate purchasing a home may take a while, it’s a big investment and should be treated like one.
- Cashing out from retirement savings: Not sure any financial advisor would recommend this one. Trust the experts in your life.
- Tiny homes: The TV adds, what, 50 pounds? They look better on TV. It may work for you, but be careful.
Can I help you buy or sell a home? If I can, don’t hesitate to contact me.